You can store your knowledge base articles in DevRev. Doing so also allows you to use the article suggestion snap-in and the knowledge base search function on the PLuG widget. Most standard document, image, and video file types are accepted as are links to articles hosted elsewhere. The article suggestion snap-in uses articles uploaded in PDF, markdown, or text format.
- Click on the settings gear at the top left of any page on the DevRev app.
- Click Articles under the Support sub heading.
- To begin, click the blue "+ Article" button at the top right of the page.
- A side panel will open. From here you can upload as many files and links as you'd like.
- When you're ready, click "Next".
- Fill in additional information about each article. The title is prefilled with the title of the file or the link and can be edited. Author and Owner are prefilled with your identity and are also editable. You are required to select a part; other fields not prefilled are optional. Repeat this process for each article selected for upload.
- When you are ready, choose Create All.
- Once the articles are uploaded and status set to "published" the articles are available to customers through search within the PLuG widget.
Article Vista Basics#
The articles page has infinite scroll and filters like other types of vistas. You can filter on a number of attributes including Part, Status, Author, and Access level.
- Articles marked as ‘Published’ will be seen and available for search on the PLuG widget
- Other statuses available are Draft, Needs Review, and Archived
- When an article is selected in the widget, it will open in a separate tab for viewing