We are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy and we follow the best practices and guidelines while collecting, processing, transferring and storing any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order to explain to you how we collect, secure, use, communicate and disclose, share and handle data pertaining to you.
Why do we collect your information?#
We collect some information related to you automatically while you are using the DevRev website or app and some information directly from you. We collect your for the following reasons:
- To confirm your identity. We need to identify you uniquely and for that purpose we use your PII, including your email address.
- Service provision. We need to use your PII to provide the services through the DevRev platforms. Here are some instances: your country is used to identify the jurisdiction you belong to so that we can handle your data, and provide services adhering to applicable laws. If you request support, we use your contact details to get in touch with you. If you want to pay for a service, we use your payment details to process that payment.
- To improve and customize your content. In order to provide the best user experience, based on the familiarity level of the user with the DevRev platform and the use cases they try to implement.
- Analyze how the DevRev platform is being used. We rely on analytics of your browser based activity and applications to improve the performance of our platform. Among examples: we use analytics to evaluate design decisions, find bugs in the systems, and recommend actions and features to users. These are collected in an anonymous manner.
- To update you on our services. If there are updates to your service, important information you need to know, or if we think you would be interested in our technology and what we’re doing with it, we’ll get in touch with you using your contact details. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by either clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
How do we collect your information?#
Information we collect automatically: As is the case with almost all services and websites available on the Internet, we collect some information related to you automatically while you are using the DevRev Services. Here is the information we collect automatically when you visit the DevRev website or product:
- Your I.P. address, your browser type, device info, the time and frequency you access our site, and the URL you came from. This type of generic information won’t reveal your identity as a visitor but is still useful to us to analyze the user regions, frequently visited portions of our site and develop device specific improvements.
- The interactions with app.devrev.ai as a logged-in user. This information is important to us to analyze the ways in which you interact with the DevRev App, to understand the users’ needs and to make our service better suited to those needs. Such usage data does not identify you personally.
- The application logs that are corresponding to the activities you do on app.devrev.ai as a logged-in user. These logs will be tracked against your corresponding DevRev identity for auditing and troubleshooting purposes.
- When you sign up or/ sign in to the app.devrev.ai from an external identity provider, we store a persistence reference to your account at the external identity provider, provided to the DevRev platform by your identity provider.
Information we collect directly: We collect the following information from you directly when you interact with the DevRev platform at different stages. When you sign up on the DevRev website or on the DevRev App at app.devrev.ai we collect your display name, country, and email address with your consent. If you are subscribing to paid services we collect your payment information.
Information you provide: When you interact with the DevRev platform at different stages, you may decide to provide certain information to the DevRev platform with respect to users under your control. In such a case DevRev platform is only activating as a processor of the corresponding Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and you take the responsibility of taking any appropriate consent from the users, before sharing any PII with the DevRev platform.
When you import data from any of the available connectors such as to the DevRev platform, the attributes each connector collects from the corresponding external services are defined by the connector itself:
- The connector may import the following attributes from the corresponding connector account:groups, roles, user names and email addresses; issues; comments; attachments; projects including configurations.
- The connector may also import the following attributes from the corresponding organization: users, teams;; source code; milestones; issues; comments; projects; pull-requests; commits.
How is the information used?#
We use the information we collect about you (including PII to the applicable extent) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote DevRev Services;
- Enable you to access and use DevRev Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your requests, comments, questions; providing customer service and support; providing you with information about updates, new launches, improvements, services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events; providing other news or information about us and our select partners; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with DevRev Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to DevRev Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize DevRev Services, including by providing content, features, or suggestions that match your interests and preferences;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share content with users you designate;
- For any other purposes that we notify you about.
Analytics: We make extensive use of analytics information to understand how DevRev Services are being configured and used, how they can be improved for the benefit of all of our users, and to develop new products and services.
DevRev is committed to secure your personal information while collecting, processing, transferring and storing. All personal information is transmitted over a secured channel with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and stored securely. Access to the PII via APIs are strictly restricted by access control policies. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. Please be aware that while we take reasonable efforts to guard your PII, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications mechanism, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
Information sharing and disclosure.#
We do not share or disclose your PII with third-parties, except as described in this policy. We do not sell your PII, and we do not share your PII with third-parties for their marketing purposes without your permission. This is how your information may be shared:
- With your consent: We may share your PII with third-parties when you have consented to it.
- Business partners and service providers: We may work with third-party service providers to provide storage, infrastructure, analysis or other services, who may have access to or process your PII as part of providing those services for us.
- Legal compliance, protection and security: We may disclose your Information (including your PII) to a third-party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to protect the security or integrity of DevRev's products and services; (c) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms; (d) to protect DevRev, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities; or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business reasons: We may share or transfer your information (including your PII) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Anonymized or aggregate data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you with the third-parties described above.
Last revised on: 9th February, 2022.