DevRev is a business software company that brings developers (Dev) and customers (Rev) together in the era of product-led growth. The company is building an API-first, dev-centric CRM that leverages data, design, and machine intelligence to empower developers to build, support, and grow their businesses. In times of anemic NPS and high customer churn, DevRev strives to create the world's most customer-centric companies led by happy developers. Grok and grep more on DevRev via the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
After former Nutanix CEO Dheeraj Pandey and Nutanix executive Manoj Agarwal raised one of the largest ever seed rounds in the history of Silicon Valley, they set out to create a highly engaging system of record that promises to make product development and customer service joyous. DevRev is solving a difficult AI and design problem, and the early employees are committed to the marathon of company-building and hard problem-solving.
Intelligence & Automation
The Intelligence & Automation team’s mission is to help DevRev grow and scale efficiently by designing the best possible “machinery” of the company as early as possible. In many ways, this team is in service of DevRev teams and employees who are delivering the best products and services for our customers - operations, product, engineering, sales, and support.
Great design and delivery makes the difference between a mediocre “this is how it has always been done” and a more elegant, scalable, and flexible solution that evolves with DevRev. Community-building, engineering efficiency, hiring, employee success, knowledge management, real estate, travel, performance management - you name it - can all benefit if we get it right during these early days. It can’t be an after-thought, as it often is in start-ups.
The day-to-day specifics of the work of members of our team vary, but typically involve a hybrid of software engineering, operational, strategic, analytical, and growth marketing. We dive deep into DevRev's needs, people, processes, data, and systems, identifying where great system designs (or redesigns) can deliver 100x improvements through first-principles thinking, as well as where small operational efficiencies, automations, and tools can buy us “inches.” We are expected to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across DevRev to deliver measurable results.
The Members of the Intelligence & Automation team will have the opportunity to work on the highest-priority, company-building initiatives associated with rapidly scaling a new global technology start-up. The pace will be fast, the learning will be firehose-caliber, and the impact will be eminently tangible. No task is too big or too small for the right candidate, because getting even the little things right is essential to building a successful organization.
The ideal candidate for the Intelligence & Automation role will be excited by the opportunity to design, build, and deploy highly scalable, tech-driven solutions to core operational problems, with the goal of delivering uniquely effective and efficient operational performance. This is a unique role that sits at the intersection of business development and engineering. The grit to drive complex endeavours forward, the wisdom and decisiveness to acknowledge losses and failures, and the foresight to see all leaf nodes of the possibilities from the high-level strategy to the low-level implementation are all required.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- BS/BA (or MS/MA) in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical software development and deployment experience
- Strong familiarity with cloud-based platforms, including AWS products, GCP products, and REST + GraphQL API frameworks
- Solid understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to find creative solutions for open-ended problems
- Ability to empathize with and collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives through iteration with users
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to crisp execution
- Powerful orientation toward results, with an obsession to define, measure, and deliver against the most significant KPIs
- Ability to document and organize information in a way that codifies knowledge
The foundation of DevRev is its culture -- our commitment to those who are hungry, humble, honest, and who act with heart. Our vision is to help build the earth’s most customer-centric companies. Our mission is to leverage design, data engineering, and machine intelligence to empower engineers to embrace their customers. That is DevRev!