DevRev is ushering in the era of Developer Customer Relationship Management. The foundation of this new category is an end-to-end platform for developers to build products, support end users, and grow their businesses in a product-led era of all things code. The outcome will bring Developers closer to Revenue and increase developer productivity by humanizing software development with the use of design, data engineering, and machine intelligence (AI/ML).
DevRev is a company for developers built by developers. We at DevRev believe that to efficiently connect developers to customers, we must harness the knowledge of engineers to build a knowledge-centric system, making enterprise software more product- and customer-centric.
After former Nutanix CEO Dheeraj Pandey and Nutanix executive Manoj Agarwal raised one of the largest ever seed rounds in the history of Silicon Valley, they set out to create a highly engaging system of record that promises to make product development and customer service joyous. DevRev is solving a difficult AI and design problem, and the early employees are committed to the marathon of company-building and hard problem-solving.
The Operations team’s mission is to help DevRev grow and scale efficiently by designing the best possible operations “product” of the company as early as possible. In many ways, this team is in service of DevRev teams and employees who are delivering the best products and services for our customers - product, engineering, sales, and support.
Great operations design and delivery makes the difference between a mediocre “this is how it has always been done” and a more elegant, scalable, and flexible solution that evolves with DevRev. Financial management, hiring, knowledge management, real estate, travel, performance management - you name it - can all benefit if we get it right during these early days. It can’t be an after-thought, as it often is in start-ups.
The day-to-day specifics of the work of members of our team vary, but typically involve a hybrid of operational, strategic, analytical, and technical work. We dive deep into DevRev's needs, people, processes, data, and systems, identifying where large operational designs (or redesigns) can deliver 100x improvements through first-principles thinking, as well as where small operational efficiencies, automations, and tools can buy us “inches.” We are expected to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across DevRev to deliver measurable results.
The members of the Operations team will have the opportunity to work on the highest-priority operational initiatives associated with rapidly scaling a new global technology start-up. Initial focus will be on developing financial discipline and an operating structure that supports our growth. Insights and decisions should be derived from data across all tangible economic levers. The pace will be fast, the learning will be firehose-caliber, and the impact will be eminently tangible. No task is too big or too small for the right candidate, because getting even the little things right is essential to building a successful organization.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis in a fast-growing, venture-backed company and/or in investment banking
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and presentation skills, with the ability to analyze raw data, draw insightful conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to connect with people deeply!
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to crisp execution
- Ability to organize complex projects amid ambiguity and tight deadlines
- Powerful orientation toward results, with an obsession to define, measure, and deliver against the most significant KPIs
- Ability to document and organize information in a way that codifies knowledge
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to find creative solutions for open-ended problems
The foundation of DevRev is its culture -- our commitment to those who are hungry, humble, honest, and who act with heart. Our vision is to help build the earth’s most customer-centric companies. Our mission is to leverage design, data engineering, and machine intelligence to empower engineers to embrace their customers. That is DevRev!